Wildfire provides its clients with data in easy to use, regularly refreshed JSON feeds about its merchants, offers, & coupons.
The Wildfire JSON feeds can be used instead of (or in addition to) making API calls. These data feeds do not require authentication whereas Wildfire API calls do.
All URLs are in the format of www.wildlink.me/data/[[APP_ID]]/[[TYPE]]/[[VERSION]] where “APP ID” is the application ID, “TYPE” is one of the types described below and “VERSION” is the data format version. The only version is 1 for all these feeds.
Current List of Wildfire JSON Feeds
- merchant-rate: Commission rate data for all merchants, including exclusions. https://www.wildlink.me/data/[[APPLICATION_ID]]/merchant-rate/1
- coupon: Promotions, coupon codes and related metadata. More information about working with the coupon feed can be found here. https://www.wildlink.me/data/[[APPLICATION_ID]]/coupon/1
- active-domain: Active merchant domains (domains may be many to one in relation to merchant). More information about working with the Wildfire active domain feed can be found here.
- merchant: Merchant info/metadata including logos, lifestyle/featured images, categories, serviceable countries, merchant score, and special feature restriction flags.
- category: Merchant category tree
- featured-merchant: Wildfire curated list of merchant IDs that are top brands. https://www.wildlink.me/data/[[APPLICATION_ID]]/featured-merchant/1
The featured merchant feed is not generated for all applications. If you require this feed for your application, please contact us.
- stand-down-policy: Browser extensions must comply with stand-down policies and Google SERP decoration policies. This feed provides arrays of data related to these policies:
- "Domains" contains the list of redirect domains. If a user is redirected through one of these, the browser extension must stand-down.
- "Params" contains the list of query parameters If a user is redirected through a URL containing one of these parameters, the browser extension must stand-down.
- "Serp" contains the list of domains that can't be decorated in search results.
More information about stand down policies can be found here.
Frequently asked Questions about the JSON Data Feeds
Q: Do the Json feed files have the same content as the Wildfire API?
A: All merchant data and metadata, except for commission data, device creation and vanity URL creation, is shared with WF partners via JSON feeds. These feeds are updated every 6 hours. More Documentation about the API can be found here
- Q: Does downloading the json feed require authentication?
A: No, just make sure you’re using your specific JSON feed with your client application number embedded in the link. This application ID and credentials will be provided to you by the Client Success during the onboarding process.
For example: https://www.wildlink.me/data/[[CLIENT_APPLICATION_ID_HERE]]/merchant-rate/1
- Q: If I set up a batch to pull the data, what are the recommended times or frequency?
A: Once per 24 hrs is usually sufficient. Note that if you’re using callbacks, the batch API request to get all commissions is only needed to catch callbacks that were not delivered to you (i.e. network connectivity issues).
- Q: What time zone are the feeds in?
A: All JSON feeds in are in UTC
- Q: In the merchant rate feeds, if a rate is not represented as a percentage, is it in a currency format?
A: There are two kinds of rates in the merchant-rate feed - PERCENTAGE and FLAT. Where a commission rate is a flat payout, that value is US dollar, Euro, Canadian dollar, etc as represented by the “Currency” value in the JSON response for each rate.